During this project, I basically made sure that at all times I knew what my end game was. Whether it was 2 weeks before the project was due, or a day before my project was due, I knew that I needed to have a fully drawn, children’s book done by my due date. When I was writing the book, or drawing it,, or even making it, I knew what my end project was going to be. My process isn’t the same as a lot of other people because many people had their own original steps and objectives. What sets me apart is that I had a goal that I knew I needed to get to in a certain amount of time and I was determined to make it.
Once I had my goal in mind, the hard part was actually completing all of the objectives it took to get to my goal; my goal being completing the children's book. My objectives ranged from coloring the first page to writing the story line. Everything counted toward my end goal. The most challenging part of this was probably writing the actually book since it took so many drafts to finally complete it. My partner and I must have re-written the story line over 10 times before finally settling on the ending. But lucky for me, all the challenges I faced helped me in the long run.
I learned how to do things I didn’t think I could ever do. First off, I learned how to draw, something I’ve never actually gotten the knack of and I consider myself an artist now when before I wouldn’t even think about that kind of title. Even before making the book I learned a lot about immigration with somehow made it easier for me to learn how to draw that because I could relate to it. Something about Cuban Immigration and Operation Peter Pan really taught me how to be an artist. I think the thing that I am most proud of after this assignment is finally learning how to draw and widen my range of talents.